The rise of electronic health records (EHR) and other technology has introduced new possibilities for patients to take greater control of their health.
By partnering with Greenway Health, your practice can encourage regular, proactive patient engagement that extends beyond your exam room. Tools such as practice portals provide patients access to their health information, which can encourage them to engage with their physicians more frequently.
The patient experience
Although some patients may be reluctant to participate in their care, there are ways to empower patients to be engaged in their care and instill in them a sense of ownership.
Ways to engage with patients:
- Online patient portals that offer discharge summaries, lab results, secure messaging with providers, prescription refills, appointment scheduling, and more.
- mHealth, a patient mobile health app that extends patient portal functions to smartphones and tablets.
- Social media — channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn — provide a forum to share content that educates and encourages patients.
- Wearable technology, or wireless devices that can be worn as accessories, can track a patient’s fitness activity.
- Automated messaging allows providers to communicate health management practices and tools with patients.
- Patient education materials are available straight from EHR systems.
The connection to population health
Encouraging patient engagement is a crucial step on the path to measurable improvements in population health. The result is a higher level of patient satisfaction that will echo positive results throughout your practice as well as the healthcare industry.
Contact us for a free consultation today.