Health Information Exchange
Core to Greenway innovation since our founding
Supporting existing and developing standards
Greenway Health™ technology supports and offers our providers a wide range of data exchange protocols. We are certified by Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE-USA) and support HL7v2 standards.
Throughout the data build and exchange process —including translation, protocol configuration, formatting and end-point arrivals — Greenway capabilities include CCD/CDA, Consolidated CDA (C-CDA), XDS.b, PIX, PDQ, Direct XDR and custom clinical content needs.
Hospital information system connectivity and alignment
To build a sustainable healthcare system founded on coordinated care, Greenway has formed collaborative relationships with suppliers of acute-based IT systems. These relationships enable direct interoperability and provider alignment to quickly build rich data for population health management.
- With Cerner, Greenway is a gold partner within the Cerner Interoperability Certification Program, having established a range of CCD connectivity points throughout a patient’s ambulatory and acute care continuum.
- With Epic, Greenway has established a similar direct hub-based interoperability and use case workflow for flexible clinical records as CCD content built on queried data.
- With RelayHealth, Greenway completed a development agreement providing out-of-the-box, bi-directional connectivity platforms for ambulatory and acute care. The standards-based solution also provides HIE-enabled EHRs at go-live.
Interoperability Leadership and Collaborations
The CommonWell Health Alliance
|Greenway is a founding member of the CommonWell Health Alliance, an independent, not-for-profit organization launched in March 2013 to transform care delivery by enabling data liquidity across IT systems, settings and episodes of care.|
|As a founding member of Carequality, Greenway joined more than two dozen other organizations in March 2014 to launch a new industry collaborative of providers, health IT firms, HIEs, payers, retail health and other multi-platform stakeholders to advance widespread interoperability in healthcare.|
|Greenway is the first ambulatory solutions provider to be named as a member of Healtheway, the public-private administrator of the national eHealth Exchange.|
|Greenway offers seamless integration with the Surescripts Network.|
HIE milestones and growth
An equally important aspect of national connectivity is provider linkage to HIEs. Here Greenway has also taken a leadership position, benefiting practices, health systems and the patients and communities they serve. Milestones:
- The first practice in Colorado to connect with the Colorado Regional Health Information Organization (CORHIO).
- The first practice in Ohio to facilitate live hospital data exchange through the Ohio Health Information Partnership’s CliniSync program.
- Customer membership among more than 340 healthcare facilities and more than a dozen health plans in the Health Information Network of Arizona (HINAz) coordinated care organization.
- Successful clinical messaging within a network of 49 hospitals and more than 19,000 providers through the Indiana Health Information Exchange (IHIE).